This winter cross-country skiing tour takes you through the forests of northeastern Finland to the Kainuu region, located right on the Russian border.
Our route is characterized by untouched, peaceful and unique nature full of snow and ice.
You will stay in cozy and small family-run accommodations, where you can enjoy sauna and excellent food every night, as well as the hospitality of the locals.
The daily distances are about 30 km, the total distance of the week is 150 km. Therefore, good physical condition and experience on cross-country skis are mandatory requirements for this tour.
The groups are internationally mixed. The tour guide speaks English
Requirements & route
- On the cross-country tour we cover approx. 25 – 42 km daily on cross-country skis and are thus on the move for approx. 5 – 8 hours per day including breaks.
- You should have a lot of experience in cross-country skiing and a correspondingly good condition to be able to run the routes.
- Everyone can run at their own speed. The guide runs with the slowest cross-country skiers.
- The tracks for the ski tour are drawn by a snowmobile and it is possible to ski only in the classic cross-country technique.
- The trip is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us for detailed information if needed.
- The classic cross-country skis (approx. 44 mm width) are suitable for cross-country skiing.
- You can rent the ski equipment from us (€ 60,-). Please indicate this when booking. We will then ask for your height, weight and shoe size.
Meeting point of the trip
The meeting point of the trip is Kuusamo airport (on request also the bus station in Kuusamo). At the end of the trip you will be transferred back to Kuusamo airport for the return flight.
Transfer from Kuusamo airport to the first accommodation and from the last accommodation to Kussamo airport is included in the price. Flights are not included in the tour price. These can be booked, for example, at Finnair or at a travel agency.
Please note that there is only one transfer per day, which is coordinated with the flights in each case. If you miss it, the extra transfer is payable by you on the spot.
Please be sure to coordinate the times for the transfer with us again before booking your flight.
Please see our entry information for Finland on our Country Information page.
We recommend that you take out travel cancellation insurance. you can find a quote on our travel insurance page.
The special experience...
- Look forward to peace, space, light and air
- Experience a piece of the untouched winter landscape of the Hossa National Park
- Enjoy the freedom of the open space, the warmth of the campfires and the evening sauna
- Experience a guided group tour in the whiteness of the winter wilderness that you will not soon forget