You have always wanted to do it?
But you are not quite sure?
Then you are exactly right here! The Altmühl is not only THE paddling river among ‘pros’. This leisurely stream, which prides itself as the slowest in Bavaria, offers you ideal opportunities to get to know the country from a whole new perspective. For long stretches you will think: I’ve never experienced Germany like this before!
It’s amazing how much our perspective shapes our perception. You will see: Germany is a jungle country …
The Altmühl enchants with its very special tranquility! Very quickly you will get used to the paddling technique and begin to appreciate the boat as your very own nutshell. Haste and stress fall away in an instant as soon as your paddle dips into that river for the first time. Herons nest on the banks. Swans swim proudly by. Baroque castles, mighty fortresses, fortresses, beautiful old towns and the Bavarian Gemütlichkeit await you, as soon as you put on somewhere…
And who knows? You might make friends with a beaver. In the Altmühl Valley you will feel transported to times long past. Dive in and enjoy the heavenly peace on the water!
Oh, by the way, you can also paddle the tour with kayaks. Please indicate this as a comment when booking if you would like a kayak.
regionally typical middle class hotels and inns
Daily rich breakfast buffet or large sportsman breakfast.
– The Altmühl is a quiet river with almost no shipping traffic. It is also excellent for inexperienced paddlers and beginners.
– Normal everyday condition sufficient. The total distance is about 88 km. They are per day approx. 4 to max. 6.5 hours in the boat.
You can return from the destination to the starting point by bus and train. If you like us to organize the return transfer for you, please book the option “Transfer Person”. We will then of course also take care of your luggage.
We recommend that you arrive by train. Start your vacation at home and enjoy the journey to the land of the Altmühl.
– Treuchtlingen is very easy to reach with regional trains of the Deutsche Bahn. More information about the schedules can also be found at www.bahn.de.
The starting hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from Treuchtlingen train station.
– Free parking is available at the Treuchtlingen train station.
First bake small rolls ?!
No problem – this trip has a little sister. With tour 217b you are only 4 days in the boat instead of 7. If you like, you can build an individual vacation around the ‘paddle’s core’ with additional nights.
Things to see on the way ...
- Treuchtlingen with the Upper Veste and the 'Fossa Carolina', the Charles' Ditch
- Eichstätt Cathedral and Residence Palace as well as Willibaldsburg Castle on the first and last day
- You will never forget paddling again. Promise!