You like to travel by bike as a family: from place to place on traffic-safe paths in great scenery with lots of breaks and little adventures? Then we have just the right thing for you with this trip! The Isar Cycle Path is a real pearl among cycling tours.
Mostly it leads along the glacier-green Isar. You cycle through a landscape of breathtaking beauty between the lovely Allgäu and its alpine mountains. Many small and larger lakes, bathing and beach areas provide ample opportunity for rest and welcome distraction from the saddle for the little ones.
You will discover the second largest lake in Bavaria, Lake Starnberg, and take a look at the highest mountain in Bavaria, the Zugspitze. You can enjoy the panorama during your breathers. Again and again you have the opportunity to stop at one of the former glacial lakes in the foothills of the Alps, to relax and let the children play.
Enjoy the delicious delicacies of Bavarian cuisine. Discover the small adventures of the tour off the bike paths. One idea is for example the Sylvensteinsee, Rent a canoe or SUP board and paddle the beautiful mountain lake.
Experience Bavaria’s mountains and lakes by bike: The hospitality and friendliness will inspire you!
- You will stay in family and family-friendly 3*** hotels, inns and guesthouses
- every day a rich breakfast is included
Route and requirements
- We have deliberately put together an easy and child-friendly tour for you.
- Most of the time you will cycle on bike paths. Occasionally the trail leads along quiet side roads.
- Between Wallgau and Fall, unfortunately, it is not left out to follow a moderately traveled country road for a longer stretch.
- You will ride in 5 daily stages between 30 and 40 km; in total about 170 bike kilometers.
- You can also book a shorter variant with only 4 nights and a. 110 bike kilometers. Please ask us if you are interested.
- The trip is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us for detailed information if needed.
- Sturdy unisex touring bikes, 7 speeds with hub gears and coaster brake or 21 speeds with derailleur and freewheel (please choose when booking), comfort saddle, 28 inch with different frame heights. On request also 21-speed men’s bike possible.
- Rental bike PLUS: the sportier option! High-quality equipment, for example, with 27-speed Shimano Deore XT gears, Magura brakes HS 11 and Suntour suspension fork.
- Children’s bikes: 12-, 18- or 24-speed and freewheel. We are happy to provide this in the following sizes: 20, 24, or 26 inches.
Note: The number of gears is determined by the size of the wheel.
- Children’s trailer: from KTM; can accommodate up to 2 children. Suitable from one and a half years or up to a height of 105 cm and 20 kg (two children up to 15 kg each).
- Follow-Me / Parent – Child – Tandem: For children who can already ride a bike independently, but who would like to be pulled along the track by their parents from time to time. Bookable in combination with a 20 inch children’s bike and a rental bike for the parents.
- Electric bikes: unisex bikes with electric pedal assistance up to 25 km/h; 8-speed gears with freewheel; range approx. 120 – 180 km (depending on riding style).
- It is possible to bring your own bikes, but at your own risk.
- For possible damages etc. on the own bike during the whole bike trip as well as during transport trips can not be liable.
For your own safety, we recommend that you always wear a bicycle helmet on all bicycle tours.
Arrival by train
As a circular tour, this trip is perfect for getting there by train. If you rent the bikes with us, you will also not have any stress with the bike transport. Just get on the train with you, on vacation, ready, go!
- Bernried and Wolfratshausen can be easily reached by train.
- Information and timetables can be found at Deutsche Bahn(www.bahn.de).
- Parking is available on site from approx. 10,- / day; payable on site; no reservation possible or necessary.
- An individual canoe or SUP tour on the Sylvensteinsee: Ask directly and spontaneously in your hotel, from approx. € 29,- per person.
- The Murnauer Moos with its 19 lakes
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen with its alpine panorama to the Zugspitze
- The Isar Cycle Path via Lenggries to Bad Tölz
- Starnberger See, Ostersee, Staffelsee, Sylvensteinsee and many other waters in the foothills of the Alps