Discover the Dolomites in their winte splendor!
Your winter hiking tour leads you through the imposing mountain massif of the Sesto Dolomites into the land of the world-famous Three Peaks.
It is not for nothing that the Dolomites have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Experience the idyllic winter landscape of the famous Sesto Valley, the breathtakingly beautiful Braies Valley and the silence and fresh air of the natural high plateau of Prato Piazza.
You hike on varied routes, always with a magnificent panorama of the Dolomites.
If snow conditions allow, the tour can also be done with snowshoes, but not necessarily.
- You will stay in hotels of the good 3*** and/or 4**** category, mostly with sauna and/or swimming pool
- Attention: tourist tax, if due, to be paid on the spot
- The price of the trip includes half board:
- Daily breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Please inform us of any special meal requests (e.g. vegetarian or gluten-free) when booking.
- The route is basically doable for both less experienced and more athletic hikers.
You will start your winter adventure in beautiful valley locations, but in the course of the tour you will also reach high alpine summit and ridge terrain. Surefootedness in snow and ice and good physical condition are indispensable requirements for these demanding routes. However, you can shorten, bypass or skip these high altitude tours as needed with relative flexibility.
- You will also receive details about the route in your welcome talk at the beginning of the tour.
- The trip is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us for detailed information if needed.
Starting point of the trip
Hochpustertal (Villabassa or Dobbiaco)
- Via the Brenner freeway (A22) to Brixen – exit Franzensfeste / Pustertal – through the Pustertal valley (state road SS49) to Villabassa or Dobbiaco, depending on the hotel you arrive at.
- Via the Felbertauern Road to Lienz in East Tyrol and on to Italy in Alta Pusteria (Villabassa or Dobbiaco, depending on the hotel you arrive at).
- Parking: Free, unattended parking in a nearby public parking lot for the duration of the trip.
- From Innsbruck over the Brenner Pass to Franzensfeste. From here to Alta Pusteria (station Villabassa or Dobbiaco, depending on the arrival hotel).
- Timetables and more information can be found on the following websites:
– Italian Railways – Trenitalia
– Austrian Railways – ÖBB
– German Railways – DB
- Nearest airports: Treviso or Venice (Marco Polo). On request we organize transfers from the airport to the starting point of the tour.
- UNESCO Natural Heritage 3 Peaks Dolomites
- Winter hiking without luggage in magnificent mountain scenery
- The hospitality of South Tyrol
- The imposing mountain inn Hohe Gaisl on the winter high alp Plätzwiese