Discover the winter magic of the Dolomites!
This great ski safari through the valleys and alpine pastures in the high mountains of the Three Peaks Country is equally suitable for advanced skiers as for beginners and those returning to the sport.
How does it work?
The tour proposals offer you a varied program of easy to challenging routes. You can shorten almost any route. Just take the train and bus or hike a bit if it gets too steep. The Family Card makes it possible free of charge.
If you like, use the Nordic Arena in Dobbiaco as your base camp to groove in and practice technique. We are happy to arrange courses or private lessons for you.
All in all: This tour is the perfect re-entry or even new entry for ambitious winter sports enthusiasts.
Are you an experienced cross-country skiing expert? Even then, this week will inspire you!
Wide valley stretches, great downhill runs, wonderful winter forests, high alpine winter pastures. Everything perfectly tracked for classic and skating. Everything is exemplary signposted and well secured in steep places.
Take your time. Admire the imposing mountain massif of the Sesto Dolomites and the world-famous Three Peaks, UNESCO World Natural Heritage, during your cross-country skiing trip through the snowy sides of Alta Pusteria. The natural spectacle of the sundial of Sesto accompanies you on your tour in the Fiscalina Valley. You will experience the sunny Gsieser Valley, the breathtakingly beautiful Pragser Valley and the tranquility of the natural high plateau of Prato Piazza – 2,000 meters above sea level.
You usually start directly from the hotel on the cross-country ski trail and therefore do not need long transfers.
Every day you can choose between different tour variants and lengths.
- You will stay in hotels of good 3*** and / or 4**** category, mostly with sauna and/or swimming pool
- Note: Please pay tourist tax, if due, directly on site.
- The price of the trip includes half board:
- Daily breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Please inform us of any special meal requests (e.g. vegetarian or gluten-free) when booking.
At the starting hotel you will receive a Familiy Card. This allows you to use trains and buses free of charge during your entire trip. Explore Alta Pusteria in the evening or treat yourself to a day off for it. Use the ticket to shorten routes by day and to travel part of the way by train and bus. A plus in flexibility!
- From Innsbruck over the Brenner Pass to Franzensfeste. From here to Alta Pusteria (station Villabassa or Dobbiaco, depending on the starting hotel).
- Timetables and tickets at www.trenitalia.com, www.oebb.at, www.deutschebahn.de
- Via the Brenner freeway (A22) to Brixen – exit Franzensfeste / Pustertal – through the Pustertal valley (state road SS49) to Villabassa or Dobbiaco, depending on the arrival hotel or
- Via the Felbertauern Road to Lienz in East Tyrol and on to Italy in Alta Pusteria (Villabassa or Dobbiaco, depending on the hotel you arrive at).
- Parking: Free unguarded parking in a nearby public parking lot for the duration of the trip.
- Nearest airports: Treviso or Venice Marco Polo.
- On request we organize transfers from the airport to the starting point of the tour.
Tops of the tour
- UNESCO World Natural Heritage Three Peaks
- Training and course area of the Nordic Arena in Dobbiaco
- Almost continuous train or bus accompaniment for flexible daily arrangements
- Ski tour in high alpine pasture terrain and along deeply snowed-in valleys through forest and field
- Sauna and relaxation, good and rich food in the rustic cozy central hotel of your tour.