Norway is THE COUNTRY for a multi-day tour on cross-country skis!
Since this sport is so popular there, you can expect great ski resorts with a long tradition of winter tourism and, above all, a very well-maintained network of cross-country ski trails.
Northwest of the Olympic city of Lillehammer runs the Peer Gynt trail, which connects the ski areas between Espedalen and Skeikampen. The Peer Gynt trail is groomed and takes you through a landscape with views of the surrounding mountains, through birch forests, past typical Norwegian farmsteads and along frozen lakes.
The cross-country tour starts in Espedalen and ends in Skeikampen, 40 km north of Lillehammer. Transportation from Oslo airport to Espedalen and from Skeikampen back to Oslo is included in the tour price.
You don’t have to worry about your luggage, luggage transport is included, as well as breakfast, packed lunch and dinner.
Route and requirements for your skills
- The tour runs at an altitude of about 700 – 900 m. You will walk about 80 km in total – There are many options for interesting detours.
- The entire Peer Gynt trail is groomed by a trail machine almost daily during the season and can be skied with normal classic cross-country skis. Skating is possible only on one day.
- You should be a normally experienced cross-country skier and be able to handle the distances given in a somewhat mountainous terrain.
- The trip is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us for detailed information if needed.
- The classic cross-country skis are suitable for the cross-country tour.
- You can also rent cross-country skiing equipment from us (wax skis with mostly binding Rottefella NNN)
Arrival / Transfer
Included in the tour price is the following transfer to and from Oslo Gadermoen Airport:
Arrival: Oslo Gardermoen – Espedalen
- Train Oslo Gardermoen to Vinstra; departure Oslo Gardermoen at approx. 14:29 or 16:29, arrival Vinstra: 17:11 or 19:18
- Transportation from Vinstra to Espedalen by hotel bus / cab;
Departure: Skeikampen – Oslo Gardermoen
- Transfer from Skeikampen to Lillehammer by bus / cab; departure 09:00 hrs.
- Train ride Lillehammer to Oslo Gardermoen; hourly departure, free choice of train.
Please coordinate your flight times with us before booking your flight so that they match the train and transfer times!
Arrival by car / ferry
We will be happy to make you a package offer for the trip including ferry crossing.
Please see our entry information for Norway on our Country Information page.
We recommend that you take out travel cancellation insurance. you can find a quote on our travel insurance page.
- the night after: an evening by the fireplace, the warmth of the in-house sauna, the darkness of the night ...
- the vastness of Norway in front of your eyes and the top-tracked trails (classic & skating) under your feet
- Add to your tour a dog sled "flight", a snowshoe hike and offers of the house on site