Come to the land and heart of the Reformation !
Embark on a varied journey along the highlights of the Elbe Cycle Route. Discover a wonderful landscape full of history and culture.
Your bike tour will take you from the historic old town of Dresden to the porcelain city of Meißen and the Lutherstadt Wittenberg. You will start with a double overnight stay in Dresden, in order to see the numerous monuments such as the Frauenkirche, the Semperorper and the Zwittenberg. The tour also includes a visit to the numerous monuments such as the Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady), the Semperorper (Semper Opera House) and the Zwinger.
Then you cycle along the Elbe cycle path, accompanied by steep vineyards, orchards and the view of the flowing Elbe river.
Super special offer
For arrival from 01.07. until 31.08.2023 you get one overnight stay incl. Breakfast at 4**** hotel in Dresden before Start of the bike tour FREE of charge, if there are still places available in the hotel.
- You will stay in selected hotels of the 3*** category.
- All rooms with bath/shower and WC
- daily breakfast buffet included
- When booking half board daily 3-course dinner at the hotel of accommodation or within walking distance.
- mainly flat and paved bike paths, away from car traffic
- 5 daily stages between 35 and 64 km; in total approx. 250 km
- The trip is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us for detailed information if needed.
- Robust touring bikes (German quality bikes of the brand Kettler & Schauff): 7 gears with hub gears and coaster brake or 21 gears with derailleur gears and freewheel, comfort saddle, 28 inch with different frame heights, saddle bag rental and 1.5 l mineral water at bike handout in Bregenz.
- If you are taller than 1.90 m or smaller than 1.60 m, we will ask for wheels with a 66 frame or 26 inch wheels for you.
- Electric bikes: 8-speed gears (freewheel); only 21 kg own weight! daily range between 60 and 80 km (depending on weight / height of the customer and setting of the assistance); suitable for body heights from 1.60 m – 1.90 m; bookable on request
- It is possible to bring your own bikes, but at your own risk.
- For possible damages etc. on the own bike during the whole bike trip as well as during transport trips can not be liable.
For your own safety, we recommend that you always wear a bicycle helmet on all bicycle tours.
Dresden and Wittenberg are easily accessible by train. Get in on the vacation at home. Relax during the train ride against the magnificent backdrop of the lake and mountains. Rent the bikes and ride the train without stress. Info at www.bahn.de.
Car / Parking
- Parking at the hotel for about € 5,- per car/day subject to availability, not reservable in advance, please pay on site if necessary.
- Free parking in Pieschener Allee, about 3.5 km from the hotel, subject to availability.
Return transfer Wittenberg-Dresden
A return trip is possible daily by train, free choice of any Regional train, 2nd class. Please come to the station on your own. By train you will travel for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and usually change trains once in Leipzig.
Customer’s own bikes can only be transported back to Dresden by transfer on Thursday evenings. Drop-off no later than 5:00 p.m. on THURSDAY at the departure hotel in Wittenberg. On all other days, please take your bike back to Dresden yourself on the train. Please be sure to book transfer person and transfer bike with or without transport insurance.
A take home of the Bicycles on the train is possible at your own expense in principle. Please allow enough time due to possible cancellations or congestion in the region traffic. Please pay on the spot.
For information on countries and entry requirements to Germany, please refer to our country information.
Tops of the tour
- The Old Town of Dresden
- Elbe Cycle Route and Navigation on the Elbe River
- Lutherstadt Wittenberg and the Heartlands of the Reformation