Looking for a family vacation in nature? Fun with exercise and the wonder world of the mountains? An example for your children that will – perhaps – shape a lifetime?
Welcome to the Salzkammer good, the mountain world of the Northern Alps!
Lush meadows, mighty forests and blue-green lakes. As adventurous as the Salzkammergut itself is our hiking trip for families along rivers & lakes.
You start – and end – your round trip directly in the heart of the Salzkammergut – in Bad Ischl.
Experience the sensory wonder trail, find friends in the petting zoo or have fun visiting the thermal baths – the spa from imperial times has lost none of its charm.
Then follow the traces of salt in the direction of Ausseerland. At the crystal clear Altaussee Lake you have enough time for swimming breaks – and perfect for a unique selfie with panoramic view.
The trail then leads you through the wilderness of the Koppental to Lake Hallstatt. Spectacular highlight of the day: the ‘suspension bridge crossing’. By boat you will travel to picturesque Hallstatt, where you will take the cable car to the top and enjoy the fantastic view of the UNESCO nature and world heritage region.
Be sure to visit the Salzbergwelten before hiking along the lake back to Bad Ischl. Whether homemade cakes in cozy cafes or imposing landscapes – in a single hiking trip you will experience all the beauty of the Salzkammergut.
- You will stay in family and family-friendly 3*** hotels, inns and guesthouses
- every day a rich breakfast is included
Route and requirements
- We have deliberately put together an easy and child-friendly tour for you.
- Please bring a lot of joy, basic fitness and some hiking experience. Children should be used to walking for a few hours at a time.
- Hike mostly on good hiking trails along rivers and lakes. The hikes always remain easy and fun, no two days are the same. Some routes are conveniently covered by bus or train.
- The minimum age for the tour is 6 years.
- The trip is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us for detailed information if needed.
Travel with dog
On this tour – no problem! Bring your four-legged friend. Please let us know the breed and size of your dog when booking. Any additional costs are payable on site. Please be sure to observe the leash and conservation regulations.
Arrival by train
You can reach Bad Ischgl relaxed directly by train or by bus from Salzburg in a 1 1/2 hour spectacular ride. If you rent the bikes with us, you will also not have any stress with the bike transport. Just get on the train with you, on vacation, ready, go!
Parking is available on site in a public parking lot from about 35 to 50 € / week near the hotel, limited also directly at the hotel; payable on site; no reservation possible.
- Visit to a salt mine
- Boat tour on Lake Hallstatt
- Hiking in the footsteps of the salt of Bad Ischl
- Skywalk in the 'most beautiful lakeside town in the world', the UNESCO World Heritage Region Hallstatt