You have a few days for a winter adventure? You want to get into the probably noblest of all winter sports and (re)discover the virtue of cross-country skiing for yourself? Perhaps you would like to hone your technique a little – before you venture out on the big cross-country ski tours in Scandinavia or the Alps? Well. Then we have just the right thing for you with this trip!
In the most beautiful Black Forest winter romance, in the valley of the Höllental railroad of the southern Upper Black Forest between Freiburg and Lake Titisee, we offer you 5 days of relaxation and training. You will stay in a typical Black Forest family hotel of the 3-star category in Kirchzarten an der Breisam. Your skiing area is the Notschrei – around the Nordic cross-country skiing center.
This trip offers you authenticity and diversity!
Far away from the crowds on the Feldberg, you will experience Black Forest winter magic in idyll and tranquility.
- From a sporting point of view, you are in the best hands: The ski school at the Nordic Centre on the Notschrei prepares you for the cross-country skiing experience in courses or individual lessons with a lot of experience, desire and mood: in classic technique or skating – just as you wish.
- The extensive grounds of the Nordic Center offer ideal opportunities for practice and training.
- The trails offer variety, beautiful views and technical refinements. A total of around 40 km of excellently groomed trails are available to you on the Notschrei massif. Mostly the trails are two-lane with inside skating track. The length of the routes varies from 2 to 20 km.
And with all this, relaxation will not be neglected. Experience the Black Forest!
- Recover from the training sessions and cross-country skiing in the wellness area and the restaurant of your hotel or in the village.
- Set off by train to discover the Black Forest metropolis of Freiburg in Baden.
- Take the same train in the opposite direction to Titisee with its Black Forest spa, to Schluchsee. explore the Feldbergsee and the peak above it in a winter hike from the Bärental train station.
- Make yourself comfortable and enjoy Hinterzarten and the romantic winter villages in Dreisam Valley.
With this trip we offer an all-round feel-good package including. Ski lessons and rental of skis, poles and boots. If you want to bring your own material, this is of course possible. Please indicate this when booking; we will credit you the cost module. Otherwise, please tell us your shoe size, s. d. we can stock appropriate shoes.
You will stay in hotels of good 3*** category with wellness area and sauna. The selected houses are located in the valley of the Dreisam in the winter towns along the Höllentalbahn from Freiburg to Titisee. Please pay tourist tax, if due, directly on site.
The rooms are individually decorated: from simple and functional to spacious and sophisticated, you can choose between two categories or suites. The latter we ask you to request when booking. The rooms mostly have a balcony and are actually all very quiet.
All rooms are exclusively non-smoking. They have 120cm or 140cm box spring beds, shower, WC, safe, minibar, telephone, flat screen TV, hairdryer and are mostly equipped with I-Pod docking station.
The price of the trip includes half board:
- daily rich breakfast buffet
- Dinner in 3 or 4 courses, on one day you can expect a Baden vesper platter.
- Please inform us of any special meal requests (e.g. vegetarian or gluten-free) when booking.
At the starting hotel you will receive the KONUS card. This allows you to use trains and buses free of charge during your entire trip. In the evening, explore the valley, the southern Baden university city of Freiburg, Lake Titisee, Lake Schluchsee or treat yourself to a day off for this. The area of application extends over the entire Black Forest to the High Rhine and the bordering Lake Constance region. A plus in flexibility!
bus 271 7215
shuttles between Freiburg and Todtnau. It takes you every hour from the center of Kirchzarten(stop elementary school) to the ski area(stop Nordic-Center Notschrei, direction Todtnau) and back (direction Freiburg). You can see the current plan in the hotel.
- From the west via Freiburg, from the east via Donaueschingen, drive to Kirchzarten station near Freiburg.
- Timetables and tickets at www.deutschebahn.de
- You arrive at Freiburg via the Rhine Valley highways and then drive the Höllental valley in the direction of Titisee until you reach Kirchzarten.
- Parking: a free unguarded parking lot is available on the hotel premises for the duration of your trip.
Requirements & route
- The routes run at an altitude of about 900 – 1,150 m.
- In addition to the Nordic Arena training area, the following circular trails are available for tours:
– the heap track with a length of 1.5 – 3.5 km. Especially the short variant (blue trail) is ideal for beginners.
– the Schauinsland track with 6, 8, 15 or 17 km and medium difficulty, with the 8 km variant being the most suitable for beginners.
– the beet water track with 6, 12, 15 or 20 km. It is the most demanding of all the variants (black trail) with altitude differences of 500 to 600 meters and individual two-way traffic at the beginning and end of the loop.
- Of the approximately 40 km total length, about 4 km are classified as easy (blue category), 18 km as medium (red category) and 20 km (black category). For details, please see the latest information at https://www.notschrei-loipe.de.
- All in all, the terrain is very varied with beautiful distant views, picturesque forest sections, good practice opportunities and, in some cases, ambitiously challenging routes. If you are new or still unsure on skis, you can approach cautiously and try the more demanding routes in off-peak times with low utilization.
- The trip is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us for detailed information if needed.
- For the tours, standard skis classic or skating are fully suitable. The price includes the rental of high quality skis, poles and boots. Please let us know your shoe size when booking.
- If you would like to use your own material, please let us know at the time of booking. In this case, we will refund you the cost modules for the rental.
Im Unterschied zu unseren anderen Reisen ist in diesen Schnuppertagen ein zweitägiger Gruppen-Grundkurs inbegriffen. When booking, please let us know if you are interested in classic technique or skating. We try to arrange availabilities.
The course consists of 2 sessions of 1.5 to 2 hours each. It begins in each case on 2. and 3rd day of travel at 10:00. They discuss the handling of the material, the basics of technique and exercises. You will undertake small cross-country skiing tours and hone your technique.
You already have some experience and want to improve your technique? No problem. Just let us know when you make your booking. We will try to arrange something suitable for you. As an alternative to the group courses, individual training of approx. 2 hours is also available. Please let us know before you travel when you book!
What to expect:
- the winter magic of the Upper Black Forest
- a well-developed practice and training area for classic and skating in the most beautiful Black Forest scenery
- a cozy wellness hotel in the Black Forest winter village of Kirchzarten in the Dreisamtal valley
- a few days of relaxation in the winter landscape of the southern Black Forest: set off on the Höllentalbahn to Schluchsee, Titisee, Feldberg or Freiburg
- free use of all buses and trains in the region with the KONUS guest card